Remote Database Administration
CRT was founded in 1995 as an IT consulting firm with a focus on Oracle solutions. While CRT has grown through its IT staffing service, its Oracle Remote DBA program still remains as a time-tested, focused service offering perfect for CRT customers running Oracle database systems. Our team of highly skilled Oracle database administrators can provide your organization with the critical management required to maintain Oracle systems while cutting overhead costs.
Advantages of CRT’s Remote DBA Program:
- Cut costs – Save up to 70% when compared to the cost of a full-time Oracle DBA.
- Save time – Our staff of senior Oracle DBAs leverage years of experience to solve your business challenges quickly.
- Reduce the impact of DBA turnover – Outsource your Oracle DBA responsibilities or supplement current staff.
Support Plans and Services:
CRT provides Remote DBA Support Plans and professional Oracle DBA consulting services that include:
- Proactive Monitoring and Maintenance
- Installation, Upgrades, and Migrations
- Patch Application
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Planning and Implementation
- Performance Analysis and Tuning
- High Availability Configuration (including Replication)
- Database Design and Modeling
- Security Reviews
The DBA Challenge
Qualified, professional database administration is a must for today’s mission-critical systems. Good DBAs can:
- Prevent costly downtime – 30% of downtime comes from unplanned outages, 70% from planned outages, so companies must find ways to either decrease the frequency of planned downtime by proactively managing the database or decrease the length of the outage by performing maintenance tasks efficiently. Companies must plan for recovery from unplanned downtime and implement strategies to avoid it.
- Prevent negative publicity and lost business.
- Foresee and solve performance issues – before they impact your system.
Companies face significant obstacles to maintaining consistent, high-quality DBA service:
- Turnover – IT turnover rate is between 8 and 17 percent per year, which dramatically impacts your bottom line. DBA’s work over 50 hours per week, and 6 hours on the weekend, often contributing to burnout and turnover. DBA services help take the load off your internal staff.
- High salary costs – Average DBA salary is $84,000 (total cost to employers near 160K).
- Changing technology – Staff must keep up with changing technologies, multiple platforms.
- DBA professionals in highest demand – Yet they are growing increasingly difficult and expensive to find, train and/or retain.